There are lot many websites getting effected by Panda algo penalty. To start with, Panda or farmer update is a algorithm change by google which is mostly focused towards content quality. Many of the webmasters are confused it as a backlink related algo change. Google started to roll out panda update from 24th Feb in USA and then by 11th April to all English language results. Many of the webmasters are trying to figure out a solution for Panda effect for their website and many are confusing it as a penalty.
Panda update is a penalty by algorithm where as other google penalty is a manual penalty which may be lifted in a span of time. If you are effected by penalty then you should be getting a message on your webmaster dashboard and you have an option to request for reconsideration after making the changes.
If you are effected with Panda then you may need to correct the root cause , since it is a algorithm penalty you need to compare the articles which are effected with panda with the other one which is performing well. Identify the problem , make the correction or delete that post , do a 301 redirect. There are lot many things which we need to look at the websites which are effected with Panda. With my experience with Panda effected clients who approached us for consultancy , follow are the facts noticed in common, or rather I would suggest what need to be done for fixing it in common.
1. Find out the pages which are more effected compare it with other pages and find the problem , fix it
2. Check whether you have a 60% or above bounce rate , if so you need to do something to make your readers stick to the site. Higher bounce rate means your website is not interesting.
3. See whether your site is over optimized for search engine and stuffed with keywords.
4. Write the article for human beings and not for search engine.
5. check whether you are getting reference from social networking sites , if not it is high time to build your social media presence. Twitter , facebook are the once you need to focus more. But don’t limit on those two.
6. Do you have duplicate content more than 40 % – delete it and do a 301 redirect or atleast modify it.
7. This is really not a panda thing but still try to avoid the incoming links from bad neighborhood. Always keep an eye on who is linking to you.
Now if you have identified that you are effected with panda update, then check all the above points discussed , keep adding new and fresh and unique content to your site, You should be all set for a recovery. panda effect is ongoing and changes in panda algorithm is ongoing, so you will definitely find a difference over the time. The most common problem we had seen is , once you are effected with panda ,that site is dropped and it is untouched, this will never help you to recover.
You need any help regarding this, feel free to contact us.
Get well soon